How to improve your listening skills:
The key is to listen to some French in little doses but very regularly.
It is also a good idea to listen and read the script at the same time.
Lower School students:
Listen to some French songs and read the lyrics at the same time
Listen to the recordings of these short articles
Complete these practice exercises
Listen to conversations on France Bienvenue and read the transcripts at the same time
Further activities on line here
Sixth Form students:
- Listen to conversations on FRANCE BIENVENUE, or GABFLE. GABFLE offers video clips with questions, grammar notes, vocabulary notes and a bit of cultural information. Just pick a theme - the choice is vast. It is pretty amazing!
- CANALACADEMIE : Premiere radio académique francophone sur Internet. It is another amazing site. Select a topic and click on "Consulter la fiche". You will have access to the downloadable audio file, the transcript, and also vocabulary and questions.
- RFI (Radio France Internationale) offers great listening comprehension exercises on various topics. You can revise topical vocabulary at the same time.
- On TV5 Monde Sept Jours sur la Planete, you can watch videos and read scripts at the same time, which is good for both your pronunciation and developing your listening skills. Select the activities on the right hand-side It will lead you to 3 video clips (different each week) which have exercises. Select an exercise (any level) to have access to the "Sequence Video" and the script of the video.
- Listen to short recordings on various topics on LCF https://soundcloud.com/lcf-magazine