- The key is regular reading of French texts, in small doses but very often. You will develop your guessing skills and will be surprised by how much you can actually understand.
- Do not look up every word you don't know - it's too tiresome! Aim to write down 5 new words each time.
- You can do active reading by focusing on a certain grammar point within the texts:
Examples of focus points:
- verbs in the perfect / imperfect
- verbs in the subjunctive
- object pronouns
- relative pronouns
- topic-specific vocabulary
- compound tenses (past conditional, future perfect, etc)
> If you don't want to waste time looking for something to read on-line, click here for a selection of articles adapted from the press.
Back to Tips and tools (Techniques de travail)