IB-specific revision work
Oral (interactif et individuel):
1. Topical work: suggestion: dedicate an hour to a topic: 20 minutes reading notes (here on Tremplin and/or class notes), 20 minutes selecting some words and key sentences, 20 minutes learning them.
2. Language work: learn expressions here
- Work on connectives: write a sentence (with its translation) using each of the connectives on this page . Use sentences given as examples in grammar books or on-line resources.
- Work on improving your understanding of questions: look at past papers questions (those requiring you to find out specific details in the texts) and highlight the different aspects covered in the question (sometimes students don't cover all the aspects of the question in their answer)
- Learn useful vocabulary which appeared in past papers here
- Learn all the rhetorical and linguistic features of the different text types. (Do not leave any text type out, even those you don't like!)
> adjectives to describe emotions for the Diary
> adjectives & adverbs to assess situations for the Speech/Editorial (Examples to be found on the Oral page.
+ make your own list by reading some editorials in French).
> how to ask questions for the Interview (make a list of possible questions one can ask, by looking at interviews in French)
- Learn topic-specific vocab: sports, leisure & entertainment, holidays, health issues
- Focused grammar work:
> - Learn the conjugation of high-frequency verbs in all the main tenses
> Comparisons (more than / less than = plus que / moins que
a lot of = beaucoup de; too much of = trop de; autant que, davantage de, pareil...)
> Quantities (la plupart de, certaines personnes, peu de gens...)
> Pronouns (direct and indirect, emphatic, compound, relative, etc)
> Verbs with à / de
> Conditional (the complex stuff! eg: - Ce serait bien s'il y avait... / cela aurait été bien s'il y avait eu...)
> IL Y A in all tenses! : Il devrait y avoir / il peut y avoir / il pourrait y avoir / il faudrait qu'il y ait
> C'est + adjective + de : C'est difficile de... etc
> reported speech (il a dit que...) with tense changes